Institute of Distance Psychology Pte. Ltd. is a company incorporated in Singapore with the registration number/UEN 201834385M and its registered office address at 4 Battery Road, #25 – 01 Bank of China Building, Singapore 049908.
- “Personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) solely from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have
- Other terms used in this Policy shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
- COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, personal data which we collect from you may especially (but not exclusively) include your name, contact information (such as your address, email address or telephone number), nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs, and other audio-visual information, employment information; financial information (such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information) and, in general, all information which you decide to disclose on the Website (be it by filling out questionnaires or forms on the Website, by using the tools provided on the Website, in the context of psychological services rendered via the Website or by any other means).
- We generally do not collect your personal data unless
- it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes;
- without explicitly declaring your consent, you voluntarily provide the personal data to us for a purpose and it is also reasonable that you would voluntarily provide the data; or
- the collection and use of your personal data without your consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other applicable laws.
- We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
- Enabling you to use the Website, its technical functions and tools and optimizing your user experience;
- the statistical analysis of your use of the website;
- the creation of a user account on the Website;
- the preparation, conduct and administration of counselling sessions and the provision of psychological services in general;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- managing your relationship with us;
- contacting you for marketing purposes;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- any other purposes for which you provide us with your personal data;
- transmission to any affiliated or unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
- any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the
- We may disclose your personal data to third parties with whom we collaborate or whom we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause3 above for us. Notwithstanding the foregoing, all personal data relating to the provision of psychological services to you will only be shared with the specific psychologist and/or counselor advising you.
- WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw your consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request via email to our Data Protection Officer via the contact details provided in clause IX. below.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause III.1. above.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without your consent is permitted or required under the applicable laws.
- ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request via email to our Data Protection Officer via the contact details provided in clause IX.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
- PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
6. ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer via email via the contact details provided in clause IX. below
7. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by the applicable
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business
8. TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
If we transfer your personal data to recipients in third countries (e.g. psychologists and counsellors with whom we collaborate with respect to the provision of psychological services), we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
9. DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, via the following email address: Sebastian.Blasius@Luther-Lawfirm.com.
10. EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
- This Policy applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by
- We may revise this Policy from time to time without any prior You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Policy was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
for self-therapy and self-diagnostics.
OOO Tekhnologii Ideala, Center for Research Psychology
TIN 5406976032 / PSRN 1175476058801